Alan Vega R.I.P: how the late musician influenced punk, New Wave, electronic music, alternative rock and more. We’ve lost a lot of musical legends in 2016. And last night was no different: Alan Vega, one half of proto-punk/synth duo Suicide passed away in his sleep at the age of 78. While the ethereal crooner was never a household […]
Daniel Ash Talks New Album Stripped: musician discusses new album featuring fresh takes on classic tracks from Bauhaus, Love and Rockets and Tones on Tail in our exclusive interview. Daniel Ash has kept quiet the past few years. The former guitarist/vocalist/saxophonist from goth icons Bauhaus, post-punk one-offs Tones and Tail and alternative rock pioneers Love and Rockets has […]
The Cult ‘Hidden City’ Review: veteran rockers return with their most subtle and nuanced effort to date on tenth studio album. It’s been four years since The Cult’s last album, 2012’s Choice of Weapon. Now the alternative/hard rock veterans return with Hidden City, an album that frontman Ian Astbury calls the end of a trilogy, alongside Weapon […]
Josh Homme and Iggy Pop Announce New Album ‘Post Pop Depression’: duo reveal secret album and forthcoming tour. Mutual fans of Queens of The Stone Age and Iggy Pop get ready to freak: the two have just revealed ‘Post Pop Depression’, their forthcoming album (due out March 18th via Loma Vista) that was made in utmost […]
The 25 most underrated and obscure David Bowie songs that give ‘Life on Mars’, ‘Rebel Rebel’, ‘Young Americans’, ‘China Girl,’ etc. a run for their money. The world is still mourning the loss of David Bowie. Last week I wrote a piece on why I was so deeply affected by his passing. In it, I […]
Toadies Pay Tribute To David Bowie With Cover of ‘Heroes’: band offer free download, encourage fans to donate to American Cancer Society in late singer’s honor. The death of David Bowie has shaken his fans to the core, and veteran Texas alt-rockers The Toadies are no exception. Click here for Why David Bowie’s Death Hurts […]
Why David Bowie’s Death Hurts So Damn Much: Feeling The Thin White Duke Blues? Join the club. Looking back on an icon. Even before I heard he died, David Bowie has been on my mind as of late. My newborn daughter has enjoyed Rockabye Baby, a collection of Bowie songs, lullaby style. I’d been listening […]
RIP Scott Weiland: His 25 Best Songs: remembering the late singer and lyricist with this ultimate playlist of songs from Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver and his solo material. On December 4th, the news broke that former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland died in his sleep at the age of 48. The saddest part of this announcement to […]
SLIS Holiday Gift Guide: Best Music Box Sets of 2015-our picks for this year’s coolest music box sets and rock music specialty items. UPDATED: Cyber Monday deals highlighted in red! The holiday season is officially upon us, and there is no shortage of awesome gift choices for the rock music fan in our life. I’ve […]
SLIS’s 2014 New Year’s Eve Party Playlist: our killer mix of vintage and current rocking tunes to celebrate on NYE. I’m having a hard time believing it’s only a few days until 2014’s ass gets hit by the door on its way out, only to be trampled by the arrival of 2015. But time flies as […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...