Alan Vega R.I.P: how the late musician influenced punk, New Wave, electronic music, alternative rock and more. We’ve lost a lot of musical legends in 2016. And last night was no different: Alan Vega, one half of proto-punk/synth duo Suicide passed away in his sleep at the age of 78. While the ethereal crooner was never a household […]
Daniel Ash Talks New Album Stripped: musician discusses new album featuring fresh takes on classic tracks from Bauhaus, Love and Rockets and Tones on Tail in our exclusive interview. Daniel Ash has kept quiet the past few years. The former guitarist/vocalist/saxophonist from goth icons Bauhaus, post-punk one-offs Tones and Tail and alternative rock pioneers Love and Rockets has […]
The Cult ‘Hidden City’ Review: veteran rockers return with their most subtle and nuanced effort to date on tenth studio album. It’s been four years since The Cult’s last album, 2012’s Choice of Weapon. Now the alternative/hard rock veterans return with Hidden City, an album that frontman Ian Astbury calls the end of a trilogy, alongside Weapon […]
Josh Homme and Iggy Pop Announce New Album ‘Post Pop Depression’: duo reveal secret album and forthcoming tour. Mutual fans of Queens of The Stone Age and Iggy Pop get ready to freak: the two have just revealed ‘Post Pop Depression’, their forthcoming album (due out March 18th via Loma Vista) that was made in utmost […]
The 25 most underrated and obscure David Bowie songs that give ‘Life on Mars’, ‘Rebel Rebel’, ‘Young Americans’, ‘China Girl,’ etc. a run for their money. The world is still mourning the loss of David Bowie. Last week I wrote a piece on why I was so deeply affected by his passing. In it, I […]
Toadies Pay Tribute To David Bowie With Cover of ‘Heroes’: band offer free download, encourage fans to donate to American Cancer Society in late singer’s honor. The death of David Bowie has shaken his fans to the core, and veteran Texas alt-rockers The Toadies are no exception. Click here for Why David Bowie’s Death Hurts […]
Why David Bowie’s Death Hurts So Damn Much: Feeling The Thin White Duke Blues? Join the club. Looking back on an icon. Even before I heard he died, David Bowie has been on my mind as of late. My newborn daughter has enjoyed Rockabye Baby, a collection of Bowie songs, lullaby style. I’d been listening […]
RIP Scott Weiland: His 25 Best Songs: remembering the late singer and lyricist with this ultimate playlist of songs from Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver and his solo material. On December 4th, the news broke that former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland died in his sleep at the age of 48. The saddest part of this announcement to […]
SLIS Holiday Gift Guide: Best Music Box Sets of 2015-our picks for this year’s coolest music box sets and rock music specialty items. UPDATED: Cyber Monday deals highlighted in red! The holiday season is officially upon us, and there is no shortage of awesome gift choices for the rock music fan in our life. I’ve […]
SLIS’s 2014 New Year’s Eve Party Playlist: our killer mix of vintage and current rocking tunes to celebrate on NYE. I’m having a hard time believing it’s only a few days until 2014’s ass gets hit by the door on its way out, only to be trampled by the arrival of 2015. But time flies as […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- The Melvins ‘A Walk With Love and Death’ Review July 10, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...