An intoxicating work that defies expectations, ‘Like Clockwork’ is the feel weird hit of the summer, showcasing Queens Of The Stone Age band leader Josh Homme’s dark side. When Dave Grohl confirmed his drumming on the new Queens Of The Stone Age album, fans got excited. But he tempered expectations: The Queens record’s pretty great, man. It’ll […]
Poll Results: The votes are in for The Top 10 Alternative Rock Drummers! So let’s countdown the winners. Tied entries are listed in reverse alphabetical order. Let’s begin: 10. Chuck Biscuits 3% The former Danzig drummer’s solid chops brought distinction for his work with Danzig as well as Black Flag and Social Distortion, just to name […]
Vote! Pick your choice for the Best Drummers in Alternative Rock. **UPDATE: Polls are closed! Click here to view the winners. A few weeks ago I conducted a poll for the best bassists in alternative rock. (click here to see the results.) It proved so popular, that I thought it would be fun to do the […]
Its been 23 years since Kurt Cobain’s suicide. Why does it still sting? April 5th, 2017 marked a grim milestone; it’s been 23 years since Kurt Cobain’s suicide. I didn’t think much about it at first. That was a very long time ago and it’s a pretty grim reminder. But then I realize given the […]
Queens of the Stone Age Album new album ‘Like Clockwork’ to be released in June. Queens Of The Stone Age fans have a just a few more months to wait until they can hear the band’s new album. ‘Like Clockwork.’ It’s set to be released in June (although the official date hasn’t been announced). The […]
Album Review: ‘Sound City: Real to Reel’. Dave Grohl and The Sound City Players makes a soundtrack worthy of his excellent documentary. Last month Dave Grohl released his wonderful documentary ‘Sound City‘ (click here to read my review). It told the history of the studio where he, and many other famed musicians recorded many iconic albums. […]
Movie Review: Dave Grohl’s documentary “Sound City”, is a love letter to an iconic music studio and organic musicianship. Alt-rock icon Dave Grohl recounts Nirvana’s recording studio sessions for Nevermind in his new documentary (and directorial début) Sound City. After hearing all the hype about the legendary studio, his first reaction was underwhelming: “The place […]
Grunge Report recently reported that Dave Grohl has rejoined Queens Of The Stone Age for their new album. Band Leader Josh Homme made the announcement in a BBC Radio interview. UPDATE: check out my review of Like Clockwork. Fans who have been impatiently waiting for a new album from QOTSA (their last album ‘Era Vulgaris‘ was […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Guitarists in Rock Part 3 Okay, so now that you’ve read part 1, and part 2, we just have 15 of the most underrated guitarists in rock to go. If you want to own any of their material, just click ontheir album image to take you to Amazon. Off we […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- The Melvins ‘A Walk With Love and Death’ Review July 10, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...