Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review: Tommy Victor and co. continue their workaholic output on angst ridden new release. Prong have been on a prolific streak in the 2010’s. In the past 6 years, the metal veterans have released no less than four albums (including last year’s superb effort X (No Absolutes). And now the group, led […]
35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1992: a list of the best alternative, metal, hip-hop, indie and experimental releases from 1992. Last year I boldly declared that 1991 was the best musical year of the 90’s. And I still stand by that. But by damn, 1992 is a very close second. Whereas […]
Prong Announce Release Details For New Album ‘Zero Days’: pioneering metal band’s latest album due next month. Veteran metallers Prong have been on a prolific tear of creativity the past few years, between 2012’s Carved in Stone, 2014’s Ruining Lives, the 2015 covers album Songs From The Black Hole and last year’s X-No Absolutes–one of […]
Danzig ‘Black Laden Crown’ Review: Danzig returns with his first album of original material since 2010’s ‘Deth Red Sabaoth.’ Its been awhile since we’ve heard new music from Danzig: while his covers album Skeletons came out in 2015, he hasn’t released any original music since 2010’s Deth Red Sabaoath. But that’s about to change with the […]
20 Years Ago Danzig Made A Techno Album For Disney’s Record Label: remembering Blackacidevil, Glenn Danzig’s lost industrial techno album. When Glenn Danzig parted ways with his “classic lineup” in 1995 (guitarist John Christ, bassist Eerie Von and drummer Chuck Biscuits), it wasn’t on the best of terms. He would also jump ship from Rick Rubin’s American […]
Prong ‘X – No Absolutes’ Review: genre-bending metal act produce their most diverse album yet. Between 2012’s Carved in Stone, 2014’s Ruining Lives and last year’s eclectic covers album Songs From The Black Hole, Prong have been on an inspired creative path as of late. And now the trio (led by founding vocalist/guitarist Tommy Victor) return with X – No Absolutes, […]
Prong’s Tommy Victor Talks New Album ‘X – No Absolutes’: band’s frontman gives the scoop behind the metal act’s 12th studio album in our exclusive interview. Following on the heels of 2014’s Songs From The Black Hole, veteran metallers Prong return with their latest album X – No Absolutes (due out February 5th via Steamhammer/SPV). Click here […]
Danzig ‘Skeletons’ Review: Some diamonds in the rough amidst a few misfires. Punk/Metal icon Glenn Danzig has been teasing the release of his covers album Skeletons for years, and now it’s finally here. It’s a curious album: many tracks show songs which obviously influenced the frontman’s formative years (Black Sabbath’s N.I.B, Elvis Presley’s Let Yourself Go), while others […]
Happy Halloween: Top 20 Scariest Rock Songs: the creepiest tracks of all time-from metal, goth, and more. Whether you’re trying to plan a Halloween Party, or just enjoy being creeped out all on your lonesome, music can be just as terrifying as a horror film. Even in its early days, rock music has always enjoyed a good scare, […]
Danzig ‘Blackest of The Black’ Austin, TX Concert Review: Devilish Metal was alive and well at Stubbs’ Waller Creek Amphitheater. Even in a city as hipster-centric as Austin, a week bookended by two ACL Festival installments is pushing it. So thank God (I mean Satan) for Danzig’s Blackest of the Black Festival, which added a much-needed […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...