20 Best Chris Cornell Deep Cuts and Underrated Songs: remembering the late singer’s rich and varied back catalogue. As we continue to mourn Chris Cornell’s death, it’s easy to dwell on the morbid, but one thing that will alway burn bright and live on is his impressive body of work. And it’s not just […]
In Selfish Mourning of Chris Cornell: Our own David Dierksen mourns a grunge icon. By David Dierksen Chris Cornell is dead, and I’m not sure there’s much I can add to the conversation that hasn’t been said. We’re all confused as to how this could happen, and maybe details will come to light, maybe they […]
For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad: Soundgarden frontman’s death at 52 hits a tragic, yet familiar, nerve. I did not want to wake up hearing that Chris Cornell, one of the best singers of my generation has died. It didn’t seem real at first–but these things never do. It’s become a chilling, […]
Albums Revisited: Alice in Chains’ ‘Sap’ Turns 25: Seattle Grunge stars acoustic EP remains one of their most satisfying efforts. February 4th marks the 25th anniversary of Sap, Alice in Chains 5 song EP, which filled the gap between 1990’s Facelift and their 1992 full-length epic Dirt. And while Sap didn’t get the same attention and […]
Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden Austin Concert Review: 90’s nostalgia loomed large on a blazing Texas night. Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails transported audiences back to the 90’s last night at the Austin 360 amphitheater. Openers Dillinger Escape Plan controlled mayhem provided a shock to the system. Despite the blistering summer heat the band members flailed with wild […]
Soundgarden Superunknown Concert To Air On Howard Stern Network; 20th anniversary show to air on SiriusXM this weekend. Sirius XM subscribers/Soundgarden fans take note; it’s gonna be a Superunknown kind of weekend. Starting Friday June 20th, Stern’s network will air the band’s June 2nd performance at NYC’s Webster Hall in its entirety. The show has the band […]
Soundgarden Announce Superunknown 20th Anniversary Box Set; band’s hit album to be reissued in a variety of deluxe formats. Hard to believe, but Soundgarden’s smash album Superunknown will be turning 20 on March 8th. To commemorate the occasion, the Seattle Grunge architects will be releasing a deluxe special edition (although it won’t be released until […]
Album Review: ‘King Animal’ has its moments, but its too domesticated to be as compelling as the band’s 90’s output. When the newly reunited Soundgarden announced they were recording their new album King Animal, it sparked much anticipation. It’s been 16 years since singer Chris Cornell, Guitarist Kim Thayil, bassist Ben Shepherd and drummer […]
Stream New Soundgarden Album ‘King Animal’ For Free Before it’s Nov 13th release… Attention Soundgarden fans; if you’re craving to hear their new album ‘King Animal‘ (their first new release in 16 years) before it drops next Tuesday, you’re in luck. As MetalSucks reported, iTunes is letting fans stream the album in it’s entirety […]
Is the concept of selling out past its sell by date? Recently I saw a Gucci ad which uses Depeche Mode’s ‘Strangelove’ in its campaign ad. And during the Super Bowl, millions heard the mash-up of the Cult’s ‘She Sells Sanctuary” and Flo-Rida’s “Good Feeling” during a Miller Lite ad. Most people in my age […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...