Chelsea Wolfe ‘Hiss Spun’ Review: singer continues to perfect her fusion of goth and doom metal. Chelsea Wolfe’s sound has evolved in surprising and satisfying ways throughout her career, but perhaps the biggest quantum leap was from 2013’s Pain is Beauty’s stark and delicate arrangements to 2015’s Abyss, which incorporated elements of industrial and doom metal. […]
Watch New Video For Chelsea Wolfe’s ’16 Psyche’: atmospheric vocalists brings doomy bliss for retro music video. Doom/Shoegaze chanteuse Chelsea Wolfe has just premiered the new video for 16 Psyche, the first single off her upcoming album Hiss Sun (due September 22nd via Sargent House), which you can check out via YouTube below. The video […]
Levitation 2016 Kickoff Party Review: Chelsea Wolfe, The Veldt: a silver lining to a cancelled festival. Downtown Austin was filled with many sad, bewildered faces last Thursday evening. The unexpected announcement that Levitation 2016 was cancelled due to bad weather reverberated throughout the city. While all festival attendees were guaranteed refunds, for those traveling from […]
Listen to New Chelsea Wolfe Song ‘Hypnos’: Wolfe previews track off forthcoming Hypnos/Flame 7-inch single. Goth songstress Chelsea Wolfe will release a new 7-inch single on April 1st, featuring the tracks Hypnos and Flame. You can preview Hypnos via Soundcloud below. It’s a haunting track that showcases Wolfe at her best–both dark yet luxuriant. The […]
SLIS’s 15 Best Rock Albums of 2015: the best metal and alternative rock albums of the year. Last week I covered the 25 best rock songs of 2015, and now it’s time to celebrate the best albums of the year. As always I pride myself on sticking to rock oriented releases in a sea of pop nonsense, […]
SLIS’s 25 Best Rock Songs of 2015: counting down the most rocking tunes of the year. It’s just a few weeks until we say goodbye to 2015 (really?), so that means its time to break our best-of lists, starting off with the best rock tracks of the year. Here’s my favorite 25 from the worlds of alternative, […]
Chelsea Wolfe ‘Abyss’ Review: California songstress creates a modern Goth masterpiece. In recent interviews, Chelsea Wolfe has stated that her new album Abyss was largely inspired by her bouts with sleep paralysis (i.e. the inability to move or speak upon waking up, often accompanied by disturbing hallucinations). And from opening track Carrion Flowers, it’s clear that Wolfe has […]
Listen to New Chelsea Wolfe Song ‘Grey Days’: vocalist streams another haunting single off forthcoming album ‘Abyss.’ Chelsea Wolfe has just released Grey Days, her fourth single off her new album Abyss (due out August 7th on Sargent House.) Like previously released tracks Iron Moon, Carrion Flowers and After The Fall, Grey Days is a […]
Moody chanteuse Chelsea Wolfe is set to release her new album Abyss on August 7th, and she’s giving listeners a taste for what’s in store with the first single Iron Moon, which you can listen to via Soundcloud below: The track pulls on all the previous strengths from 2013 album Pain Is Beauty, but amps […]
Fun Fun Fun Fest 2014 Lineup Announced: Austin’s 2nd biggest music festival continues it’s tradition of left-of-center choices Fun Fun Fun Fest leaked their official 2014 lineup this evening. The Austin, TX festival always curates some esoteric choices, and this year proves no different. Headliners for this year’s festival include metal legends Judas Priest, King Diamond, […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- World Destruction: 17 ’80s Songs About Nuclear War August 10, 2017
- The Church Release New Single ‘Undersea,’ Announce Album Release Date September 8, 2017
- 30 Years Later, The Lost Boys Soundtrack Remains A Hot Mess July 30, 2017
- Richard Lynn and Ingebrigt Haker Flaten Talk Sonic Transmissions 2017 August 1, 2017
- Queens of the Stone Age ‘Villains’ Review August 18, 2017
- Roselit Bone ‘Blister Steel’ Review August 18, 2017
- Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Austin360 Amphitheater September 21, 2017
- Concert Review: The Church at 3Ten ACL Live September 19, 2017
- The Horrors ‘V’ Review September 19, 2017
- Tombstones in Their Eyes ‘Fear’ Review September 18, 2017
- Chelsea Wolfe ‘Hiss Spun’ Review September 16, 2017
- Gary Numan ‘Savage (Songs from a Broken World)’ Review September 11, 2017
- SLIS: They normally skip Texas so I'm super excited!...
- Remixes Prove ‘Vital’ for Billy Idol: […] do is we knew we had certain songs where...
- A Chaos Fairy: Aww...nobody comes to New Mexico. LOL...
- SLIS: Hi Jeremy! Glad you enjoyed. I really think Season...
- Jeremy Juliano: Very interesting piece, I am going to go back and ...
- SLIS: All great picks! Can't believe those slipped my m...