Le Butcherettes’ frontwoman talks Crystal Fairy’s début album featuring The Melvins’ Buzz Osborne and Dale Crover and At The Drive In/Mars Volta’s Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. When Le Butcherettes supported The Melvins on their 2015 tour, vocalist Teri Gender Bender found a kinship between Melvins’ members King Buzzo and Dale Crover. This friendship would result in a split […]
Teri Gender Bender Talks Debut Album From New Supergroup Crystal Fairy (Le Butcherettes, The Melvins, At-The-Drive-In)
The Melvins ‘Basses Loaded’ Review: doom metal legends showcase their four-string collaborators on rocking new release. The Melvins continue to be the biggest workaholics in rock and roll. The sludge metal giants are back with Basses Loaded (Ipecac Recordings), their seventh(!) album this decade. Whereas most Melvins’ album titles are gleefully obtuse, Basses Loaded is a perfect […]
The Melvins ‘Across The USA in 51 Days: The Movie!’ Review: Sludge-lords document their (almost) record-breaking American tour. Back in 2012, Sludge-metal icons The Melvins attempted a Guinness World Record: to play 50 states in 51 days (+Washington DC). While the title apparently belongs to George Thorogood (who claims he did it first, others cite singer Kevin Montgomery), the group have […]
The Melvins with Le Butcherettes at The Mohawk Review: a grand evening of syrupy thick riffs and rhythmic whiplash on their Chaos As Usual tour. Those who like it loud, heavy and weird were in heaven at Austin’s The Mohawk last night. Sludge metal titans The Melvins’ heady, trippy riffage felt perfectly in tune with […]
The Melvins The Bulls & The Bees/Electroretard Review: dual release of band’s 2001/2012 efforts go swimmingly well together. Following on the heels of 2014’s excellent Butthole Surfers collaboration Hold It In, The Melvins have another treat in store for longtime fans. On June 2nd, 2015 Ipecac Recordings will be jointly reissuing the band’s 2001 album […]
The Melvins ‘Hold It In’ Review: The Melvins + Butthole Surfers=greatness Buzz Osborne has had a pretty stellar 2014. His acoustic album This Machine Kills Artists redefined how heavy and uncompromising an acoustic album could be. And now he’s following up with the new Melvins album: Hold It In (Ipecac Recordings). And it’s one of their most […]
Buzz Osborne ‘This Machine Kills Artists’ Review: Melvins’ leader unplugged solo album packs plenty of high voltage. When Melvin’s leader Buzz Osborne announced he was making an all acoustic album, he nipped any misconceptions that he was going folksy in the bud: “I have no interest in sounding like a crappy version of James Taylor or a […]
Buzz Osborne Interview: Melvins’ frontman goes acoustic, but doesn’t go soft on new album ‘This Machine Kills Artists.’ When one thinks of the Melvins, sludgy, monolithic riffs and seismic percussion immediately come to mind. So it was somewhat surprising to learn that bandleader, guitarist and vocalist Buzz Osborne is releasing an acoustic album, entitled ‘This Machine Kills […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...