Concert Review: Bryan Ferry at ACL Live: the suave master of glam and sophisto-pop wows at rare Texas show Opening with the pulsating and sensual 1982 Roxy Music track The Main Thing, Bryan Ferry came out guns blazing for his March 22nd performance at ACL Live. Backed by a 9 piece band and an inescapable […]
30 Best Albums Turning 30 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1987–our list of the greatest releases celebrating 30th anniversaries this year. If you had to choose one year in the Reagan era for the best music, you’d be hard pressed to do better than 1987. Something clicked–the mainstream that had been over saturated with […]
SLIS Holiday Gift Guide: Best Music Box Sets of 2015-our picks for this year’s coolest music box sets and rock music specialty items. UPDATED: Cyber Monday deals highlighted in red! The holiday season is officially upon us, and there is no shortage of awesome gift choices for the rock music fan in our life. I’ve […]
SLIS’s 2014 New Year’s Eve Party Playlist: our killer mix of vintage and current rocking tunes to celebrate on NYE. I’m having a hard time believing it’s only a few days until 2014’s ass gets hit by the door on its way out, only to be trampled by the arrival of 2015. But time flies as […]
Bryan Ferry ‘Avonmore’ Review: former Roxy Music frontman’s assured suave sounds remain perfectly intact. Roxy Music may (once again) be no more, but frontman Bryan Ferry isn’t waiting around. Next week comes the release of Avonmore, his 14th studio album, and his first since 2010’s Olympia. And from opener Loop Di Li, it’s clear we’re in well-charted […]
Hear Five New Songs from Bryan Ferry Album ‘Avonmore’: singer debuts new songs in an NPR interview Bryan Ferry’s new album ‘Avonmore‘ is due for release on November 17th, and the British crooner (and former Roxy Music frontman) recently sat down with NPR’s Bob Bollen and Robin Hinton. He debuted five new tracks from the new […]
Bryan Ferry surprises fans with new album announcement; ‘Avonmore’ due for November 2014 release. Roxy Music frontman Bryan Ferry made a surprise announcement this week: he’s releasing a new album ‘Avonmore’ on November 17th. The album, his first studio album since 2010’s ‘Olympia’ (not counting his jazz-excursion ‘The Jazz Age’), will be a star-studded affair, featuring […]
Check out the full Webcast lineup for Coachella 2014 Tomorrow kicks off the first weekend of the 2014 Coachella Music Festival. For those who couldn’t make it down to the desert festival, you’re in luck; the official webcast schedule was just announced. The webcast will air on the festival’s three official YouTube Channels, all of […]
Welcome back to the second (and final) installment of the 40 Best Valentine’s Day Albums Of All Time. Click here to read Part One. So without further ado, here are the top 20 sexiest and most romantic albums ever made, comprised mostly of alternative rock, funk, soul, electronica and jazz. I’ll have essential romantic tracks […]
The Coachella 2014 Music Festival Lineup has been announced. AND IT’S AMAZING. Every year Coachella offers an odd, yet winning mix of alternative music, past and present, and this year is no exception. As was earlier predicted across the web, Outkast will be reuniting for the event, and will be headlining both weekends, along […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...