Concert Review: Bryan Ferry at ACL Live: the suave master of glam and sophisto-pop wows at rare Texas show Opening with the pulsating and sensual 1982 Roxy Music track The Main Thing, Bryan Ferry came out guns blazing for his March 22nd performance at ACL Live. Backed by a 9 piece band and an inescapable […]
‘Thor and Friends’ Review: Swans percussionist Thor Harris offers unique instrumental treats in début album from new musical trio. Thor Harris is best known as the percussionist for dark noise rock icons SWANS, currently riding high off their critically acclaimed 2016 release The Glowing Man. But the ever-busy performer switches gears on his latest project, the self-titled […]
Trent Reznor Releases New Song ‘Juno’: the track, recorded with collaborator Atticus Ross, celebrates NASA’s voyage to Jupiter. Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor, along with frequent collaborator Atticus Ross is back with his first new material since the duo’s 2014 score for David Fincher’s Gone Girl. Juno is a tribute to NASA’s recent Juno spacecraft […]
The 25 most underrated and obscure David Bowie songs that give ‘Life on Mars’, ‘Rebel Rebel’, ‘Young Americans’, ‘China Girl,’ etc. a run for their money. The world is still mourning the loss of David Bowie. Last week I wrote a piece on why I was so deeply affected by his passing. In it, I […]
Leo Abrahams ‘Daylight’ Review (Lo Recordings): producer/guitarist fifth album is elegant and sleek electronica featuring contributions from Warpaint’s Stella Mozgawa and ambient music icon Brian Eno. Leo Abrahams isn’t a household name, but fans of alternative, ambient and electronic music have surely heard his work. the producer/guitarist has lent his touch to artists as varied as Pulp, Brian […]
David Bowie Five Years Documentary Review: Showtime airs documentary of Bowie’s most striking musical incarnations. Many artists are inspired by David Bowie’s need for constant reinvention, but he remains peerless in his pursuit of shedding his skin to esoteric artistic heights. And his chameleon-like career gets a through examination on David Bowie Five Years, a 2013 […]
Albums Revisited: Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works Volume II Turns 20: Richard D. James’ Ambient masterpiece still casts a trippy, nocturnal spell. This month (March 8th to be exact), will mark the 20th anniversary of Aphex Twin’s ‘Selected Ambient Works Volume II.’ His double album debuted to little fanfare, but has grown in stature through […]
Review: Brian Eno goes back to ambient mode, but he’s not on autopilot with the gorgeous, soothing album ‘LUX’. Brian Eno’s most recent instrumental ambient work was ‘Small Craft On A Milk Sea‘, which was primarily outtakes from songs unused from Peter Jackson’s ‘The Lovely Bones‘. It was somewhat of a departure for the master of […]
Album Release News: Muse, Roxy Music Muse will be releasing their long awaited follow up to 2009’s “The Resistance” when their new album, “The 2nd law”, arrives on Sept. 18th. They’ve come up with an interesting promo, which you can see on Pretty Much Amazing, by clicking here. It’s shot like a big blockbuster film […]
Ah, the Mix-tape: We don’t think much about cassettes anymore. They were inherently a horrible medium for sound quality. Every time you played one you’d get audio loss, eventually warped sound, or in the worst case, a snapped ribbon of tape meaning one more piece of plastic chucked in the trash, resting in a landfill […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...