Le Butcherettes’ frontwoman talks Crystal Fairy’s début album featuring The Melvins’ Buzz Osborne and Dale Crover and At The Drive In/Mars Volta’s Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. When Le Butcherettes supported The Melvins on their 2015 tour, vocalist Teri Gender Bender found a kinship between Melvins’ members King Buzzo and Dale Crover. This friendship would result in a split […]
Teri Gender Bender Talks Debut Album From New Supergroup Crystal Fairy (Le Butcherettes, The Melvins, At-The-Drive-In)
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Umbrella Mistress’ Review: ORL’s solo deluge continues with this pleasing dash of psychedelia. We’re now five releases into Omar Rodriguez-Lopez’s massive twelve album excavation of previously unreleased solo material, and its been a wild and quirky ride thus far. From the esoteric electronica of Sworn Virgins, the somber acoustic Corazones, the bright indie-pop of Blind […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Arañas en La Sombra’ Review: the fourth in a series of twelve previously unreleased solo efforts will thrill fans of The Mars Volta. This summer, the ever chameleonic Omar Rodriguez-Lopez has opened the vaults on a mountain of previously unreleased material (twelve albums in full, released bi-weekly through December). And so far, its been a wild […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Corazones’ Review: musician mourns his mother’s passing in second of solo efforts. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez recent announcement of 12 solo albums for 2016 certainly raised eyebrows. Given his adventurous pedigree, we knew we were in for an unpredictable ride in terms of volume and range of material. And with Corazones (due out on Ipecac July 29th) […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Sworn Virgins’ Review: the first in a cavalcade of solo material is an engaging, genre-defying listen. It’s a good year to be a Omar Rodriguez Lopez fan. In addition to the reformation of At The Drive In, the ever-prolific multi-instrumentalist is unlocking a treasure trove of solo material for 2016. How much you […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...