Le Butcherettes’ frontwoman talks Crystal Fairy’s début album featuring The Melvins’ Buzz Osborne and Dale Crover and At The Drive In/Mars Volta’s Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. When Le Butcherettes supported The Melvins on their 2015 tour, vocalist Teri Gender Bender found a kinship between Melvins’ members King Buzzo and Dale Crover. This friendship would result in a split […]
Teri Gender Bender Talks Debut Album From New Supergroup Crystal Fairy (Le Butcherettes, The Melvins, At-The-Drive-In)
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Umbrella Mistress’ Review: ORL’s solo deluge continues with this pleasing dash of psychedelia. We’re now five releases into Omar Rodriguez-Lopez’s massive twelve album excavation of previously unreleased solo material, and its been a wild and quirky ride thus far. From the esoteric electronica of Sworn Virgins, the somber acoustic Corazones, the bright indie-pop of Blind […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Arañas en La Sombra’ Review: the fourth in a series of twelve previously unreleased solo efforts will thrill fans of The Mars Volta. This summer, the ever chameleonic Omar Rodriguez-Lopez has opened the vaults on a mountain of previously unreleased material (twelve albums in full, released bi-weekly through December). And so far, its been a wild […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Corazones’ Review: musician mourns his mother’s passing in second of solo efforts. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez recent announcement of 12 solo albums for 2016 certainly raised eyebrows. Given his adventurous pedigree, we knew we were in for an unpredictable ride in terms of volume and range of material. And with Corazones (due out on Ipecac July 29th) […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Sworn Virgins’ Review: the first in a cavalcade of solo material is an engaging, genre-defying listen. It’s a good year to be a Omar Rodriguez Lopez fan. In addition to the reformation of At The Drive In, the ever-prolific multi-instrumentalist is unlocking a treasure trove of solo material for 2016. How much you […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 30 Rock Albums Turning 40 in 2017: The Best of 1977 October 21, 2017
- I Don’t Care if Kids Today Don’t Care About ‘Blade Runner 2049’ October 13, 2017
- Concert Review: The Jesus and Mary Chain at Emo’s, Austin November 8, 2017
- Albums Revisited: INXS ‘Kick’ Turns 30 October 17, 2017
- Concert Review: Toadies At Stubb’s November 13, 2017
- John Carpenter Talks New Album Anthology, Halloween Sequel and More November 15, 2017
- Black Wail ‘Chromium Homes’ Review December 18, 2017
- Hobosexual ‘Monolith’ Review December 6, 2017
- Book Review: DC Comics’ ‘Color Me Powerful’ and ‘Awesome Activities for Super Heroes’ December 4, 2017
- The SLIS 2017 Holiday Gift Guide: Blu-ray and DVD Box Sets November 24, 2017
- The SLIS 2017 Holiday Gift Guide: Music Box Sets November 21, 2017
- The Veldt ‘Thanks to the Moth and Areanna Rose’ Review November 19, 2017
- SLIS: Those are all some good ones! Trail of Dead were a...
- r: This list is pretty tame if Hootie and the Blowfis...
- SLIS: I'm drawing a blank..but it sounds like Ultraman ...
- James: What hero would do arm motion and say "the end" ...
- SLIS: Jon,I totally agree. I haven't kept up with The...
- Jon Reade: A staggeringly good album, one of their greats. I ...