‘Thor and Friends’ Review: Swans percussionist Thor Harris offers unique instrumental treats in début album from new musical trio. Thor Harris is best known as the percussionist for dark noise rock icons SWANS, currently riding high off their critically acclaimed 2016 release The Glowing Man. But the ever-busy performer switches gears on his latest project, the self-titled […]
Aphex Twin ‘Cheetah’ Review: a solid if somewhat conventional release from the ever enigmatic Richard D. James Richard D. James aka electronic music mastermind Aphex Twin may have disappeared for nearly a decade, but he’s certainly making up for lost time: first with his engaging 2014 comeback album Syro, followed by the moody and texturally invigorating […]
Happy Halloween: Top 20 Scariest Rock Songs: the creepiest tracks of all time-from metal, goth, and more. Whether you’re trying to plan a Halloween Party, or just enjoy being creeped out all on your lonesome, music can be just as terrifying as a horror film. Even in its early days, rock music has always enjoyed a good scare, […]
Aphex Twin Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt 2 Review: Richard D. James brings the odd with this quick collection of jazzy soundscapes. Aphex Twin’s 2014 comeback album SYRO was a more than welcome return for the enigmatic electronic music iconoclast. But the one complaint leveled at the album (of which I concurred) was that it […]
Yesterday Aphex Twin released “Diskhat ALL Prepared1mixed [snr2mix], a new track from his surprise album ‘Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt2 EP‘ (Warp Records) And today he’s streaming the full EP on Spotify (which you can listen to below). After years of dormancy, the quirky electronic pioneer has been on a roll. He released SYRO, his first […]
Listen: Aphex Twin ‘Diskhat ALL prepared1mixed 13’: Richard D. James releases track from new E.P. Hot on the heels of last year’s out of the blue release ‘Syro‘, Aphex Twin surprised fans again by announcing the release of a new E.P. entitled Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2. That album debuts January 23rd, 2015 (Warp Records). To whet […]
SLIS’s 14 Best Albums Of 2014: the best discs that got us through a somber year. With 2014 on its way out, and all major releases having given ample time to absorb, it’s time to count down the best music of the year. Here are the 14 discs from veteran and newbie acts that hit the right […]
Aphex Twin ‘Syro’ Review: Richard D. James tones down the weird, but remains sonically inventive. If there was ever a genre that needs a good kick in the ass, its EDM, which often sounds as dull and effortless as its construction. Predictable, rote and irritating, it shows just how far electronic music has fallen since the […]
Listen to New Aphex Twin Song ‘minipops 67′ (source field mix), Richard D. James’ first new song in thirteen years. Last month Aphex Twin announced his upcoming new album ‘SYRO’ which will be released on September 23rd (Warp Records). And today BBC Radio 1 premiered ‘minipops 67 (source field mix)‘ the first track from the new […]
Aphex Twin Reveals SYRO Official Details and Release Date: Richard D. James gives the scoop on new album ‘SYRO’ in his bizarre, abstract style. Just a few days after Aphex Twin dropped the bombshell that he’s finished ‘SYRO’, his first new album since 2001’s ‘Drukqs’, we now have full details on the album release and […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Prong ‘Zero Days’ Review July 23, 2017
- Nine Inch Nails ‘Add Violence’ Review July 22, 2017
- A Shoreline Dream ‘Room For The Others’ Review July 21, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- The Mouth: I'll second the Holy Bible by the Manics. Far dar...
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...