‘Thor and Friends’ Review: Swans percussionist Thor Harris offers unique instrumental treats in début album from new musical trio. Thor Harris is best known as the percussionist for dark noise rock icons SWANS, currently riding high off their critically acclaimed 2016 release The Glowing Man. But the ever-busy performer switches gears on his latest project, the self-titled […]
Aphex Twin ‘Cheetah’ Review: a solid if somewhat conventional release from the ever enigmatic Richard D. James Richard D. James aka electronic music mastermind Aphex Twin may have disappeared for nearly a decade, but he’s certainly making up for lost time: first with his engaging 2014 comeback album Syro, followed by the moody and texturally invigorating […]
Happy Halloween: Top 20 Scariest Rock Songs: the creepiest tracks of all time-from metal, goth, and more. Whether you’re trying to plan a Halloween Party, or just enjoy being creeped out all on your lonesome, music can be just as terrifying as a horror film. Even in its early days, rock music has always enjoyed a good scare, […]
Aphex Twin Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt 2 Review: Richard D. James brings the odd with this quick collection of jazzy soundscapes. Aphex Twin’s 2014 comeback album SYRO was a more than welcome return for the enigmatic electronic music iconoclast. But the one complaint leveled at the album (of which I concurred) was that it […]
Yesterday Aphex Twin released “Diskhat ALL Prepared1mixed [snr2mix], a new track from his surprise album ‘Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt2 EP‘ (Warp Records) And today he’s streaming the full EP on Spotify (which you can listen to below). After years of dormancy, the quirky electronic pioneer has been on a roll. He released SYRO, his first […]
Listen: Aphex Twin ‘Diskhat ALL prepared1mixed 13’: Richard D. James releases track from new E.P. Hot on the heels of last year’s out of the blue release ‘Syro‘, Aphex Twin surprised fans again by announcing the release of a new E.P. entitled Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2. That album debuts January 23rd, 2015 (Warp Records). To whet […]
SLIS’s 14 Best Albums Of 2014: the best discs that got us through a somber year. With 2014 on its way out, and all major releases having given ample time to absorb, it’s time to count down the best music of the year. Here are the 14 discs from veteran and newbie acts that hit the right […]
Aphex Twin ‘Syro’ Review: Richard D. James tones down the weird, but remains sonically inventive. If there was ever a genre that needs a good kick in the ass, its EDM, which often sounds as dull and effortless as its construction. Predictable, rote and irritating, it shows just how far electronic music has fallen since the […]
Listen to New Aphex Twin Song ‘minipops 67′ (source field mix), Richard D. James’ first new song in thirteen years. Last month Aphex Twin announced his upcoming new album ‘SYRO’ which will be released on September 23rd (Warp Records). And today BBC Radio 1 premiered ‘minipops 67 (source field mix)‘ the first track from the new […]
Aphex Twin Reveals SYRO Official Details and Release Date: Richard D. James gives the scoop on new album ‘SYRO’ in his bizarre, abstract style. Just a few days after Aphex Twin dropped the bombshell that he’s finished ‘SYRO’, his first new album since 2001’s ‘Drukqs’, we now have full details on the album release and […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...