20 Best David Letterman Alternative Musical Performances: counting down the best alt-rock musical guests over The Late Show hosts’ 33 year career. On Wednesday, May 20, 2015, CBS’s The Late Show with David Letterman will be signing off. The veteran comic host may still be entertaining us in some form or fashion, but his retirement from the late night talk show […]
April 5th, 2015 marked the 13th anniversary of the death of Alice in Chains frontman Layne Staley. The singer passed away in 2002 after battling heroin addiction. Eerily, fellow Seattle grunge icon Kurt Cobain would take his own life on that same date in 1994. But while Nirvana are still seen as alternative icons, Alice in […]
Royal Thunder ‘Crooked Doors’ Review: rocky breakup = hard rock bliss. I don’t why some songs can induce the chills. All I can say is that it’s a rare occurrence, but when it happens you know you’ve heard something special. That was my visceral reaction to Time Machine, the powerful opening track to Royal Thunder’s new album Crooked […]
Albums Revisited: Alice In Chains ‘Jar Of Flies’ Turns 20: A look back at one of the biggest selling E.P’s of all time. I feel quite old today, because tomorrow Alice In Chain’s ‘Jar of Flies’ celebrates its 20th anniversary. Wasn’t I just in college, moping around to the sullen yet gorgeous acoustic driven tunes […]
Review: Alice In Chains “The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.” A solid (if slightly homogenous) effort from the veteran Seattle band, but it falls short from “Black Gives Way To Blue.” When Alice In Chains reformed in 2005, it inspired skepticism. The loss of vocalist Layne Staley seemed insurmountable, and his shoes seemed impossible to fill. So […]
Alice in Chains have just released their new single ‘Stone.’ It’s the second track they’ve released for their upcoming album ‘The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.’ The album’s street date is May 28th. Personally I like this better than the début single ‘Hollow.’ Mind you, there’s nothing radically different in their sound. It still sounds like […]
Alright folks, here we are to wrap up the 70 Most Underrated Guitar Riffs Of All Time Part 3. Be sure to check out Parts One and Two if you haven’t already, to see what other hidden gems I’ve covered. Want to preview or buy on iTunes? Check out my playlist at the bottom of […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 4 *Before reading make sure you’ve checked out part 1, part 2 ,and part 3 to see what you may have missed. Okay here we are for the final installment of the Darkest Rock Albums. We have just 10 more to go! If you want any of these in your […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Singers in Rock Part 3 Okay, here we are for the last installment of the 40 vocalists that deserve far more credit then they’ve been given by the music industry at large. If you missed part 1 & 2 , catch up here and here. I’ll have YouTube links to […]
Okay, well here we are for round 2 of my picks for the TOP 30 best film soundtracks of all time (you can find part 1 here) Let’s begin. 18. “Lost In Translation” I can’t attest to being a huge fan of Sofia Coppola or of this film. I didn’t dislike it mind […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 35 Albums Turning 25 in 2017: The Best of 1992 July 3, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- Blade Runner and The Thing Both Came Out 35 Years Ago Today June 25, 2017
- J. Yuenger Talks 25th Anniversary of White Zombie’s ‘La Sexorcisto:Devil Music Volume.1’ June 27, 2017
- Jay Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel ‘Dance Underwater’ Review July 6, 2017
- Remembering George Romero: 6 Underrated (Non-Zombie) Films July 17, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Turns 30 July 17, 2017
- Review: Psychic TV ‘Pagan Day’/’Allegory and Self’ Reissues July 16, 2017
- Watch The Veldt’s One Day Out of Life Video, New EP Gets Worldwide Release July 14, 2017
- The Melvins ‘A Walk With Love and Death’ Review July 10, 2017
- Black Needle Noise ‘Lost in Reflections’ Review July 10, 2017
- SLIS: I was very glad to get these promo copies, because...
- A Chaos Fairy: *nostalgia*...
- Anon: Lou Reed Berlin & Scott Walker last three albu...
- SLIS: It's really awesome. I say that Bryan Ferry's co...
- A Chaos Fairy: Hey, Albuquerque...!...
- A Chaos Fairy: I love This Mortal Coil. Their remake of "Song to...