Royal Thunder ‘Crooked Doors’ Review: rocky breakup = hard rock bliss. I don’t why some songs can induce the chills. All I can say is that it’s a rare occurrence, but when it happens you know you’ve heard something special. That was my visceral reaction to Time Machine, the powerful opening track to Royal Thunder’s new album Crooked […]
Albums Revisited: Alice In Chains ‘Jar Of Flies’ Turns 20: A look back at one of the biggest selling E.P’s of all time. I feel quite old today, because tomorrow Alice In Chain’s ‘Jar of Flies’ celebrates its 20th anniversary. Wasn’t I just in college, moping around to the sullen yet gorgeous acoustic driven tunes […]
Review: Alice In Chains “The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.” A solid (if slightly homogenous) effort from the veteran Seattle band, but it falls short from “Black Gives Way To Blue.” When Alice In Chains reformed in 2005, it inspired skepticism. The loss of vocalist Layne Staley seemed insurmountable, and his shoes seemed impossible to fill. So […]
Alice in Chains have just released their new single ‘Stone.’ It’s the second track they’ve released for their upcoming album ‘The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.’ The album’s street date is May 28th. Personally I like this better than the début single ‘Hollow.’ Mind you, there’s nothing radically different in their sound. It still sounds like […]
Alright folks, here we are to wrap up the 70 Most Underrated Guitar Riffs Of All Time Part 3. Be sure to check out Parts One and Two if you haven’t already, to see what other hidden gems I’ve covered. Want to preview or buy on iTunes? Check out my playlist at the bottom of […]
Top 40 Darkest Rock Albums Part 4 *Before reading make sure you’ve checked out part 1, part 2 ,and part 3 to see what you may have missed. Okay here we are for the final installment of the Darkest Rock Albums. We have just 10 more to go! If you want any of these in your […]
The Top 40 Most Underrated Singers in Rock Part 3 Okay, here we are for the last installment of the 40 vocalists that deserve far more credit then they’ve been given by the music industry at large. If you missed part 1 & 2 , catch up here and here. I’ll have YouTube links to […]
Okay, well here we are for round 2 of my picks for the TOP 30 best film soundtracks of all time (you can find part 1 here) Let’s begin. 18. “Lost In Translation” I can’t attest to being a huge fan of Sofia Coppola or of this film. I didn’t dislike it mind […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...