Albums Revisited: Depeche Mode’s ‘Music For The Masses’ Turns 30: a look back at the album that turned a gloomy cult electronic act into stadium rock gods. Depeche Mode sure took a strange road to stardom. They started off as a synth-pop act, hitting it big with 1981’s Just Can’t Get Enough. But then their primary […]
Albums revisited: Nitzer Ebb’s Ebbhead at 25: The only way from here is down. By: Peter Marks After years and years of toil out there in the trenches, Bon Harris and Douglas McCarthy hit the prime time with their fourth effort ‘Ebbhead’. While their following album would be given an ironic title by the band and […]
Albums Revisited: Depeche Mode’s Violator Turns 25: a look at back the 25th anniversary of an album that turned a synth-pop group into an arena rock band. Depeche Mode’s Violator celebrates its 25th anniversary on March 19th. And to fully understand that 1990 album’s definitive impact, one has to rewind the clock back to 1988. The […]
Albums Revisited: Depeche Mode ‘Ultra’ Turns 20. Depeche Mode’s 1997 album has been maligned as one of their weaker releases. It’s time to set the record straight for its 20th anniversary. I saw Depeche Mode in concert last week. The set list was varied (pulling largely from new album Delta Machine) and it was nice to […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 30 Rock Albums Turning 40 in 2017: The Best of 1977 October 21, 2017
- I Don’t Care if Kids Today Don’t Care About ‘Blade Runner 2049’ October 13, 2017
- Concert Review: The Jesus and Mary Chain at Emo’s, Austin November 8, 2017
- Albums Revisited: INXS ‘Kick’ Turns 30 October 17, 2017
- Concert Review: Toadies At Stubb’s November 13, 2017
- John Carpenter Talks New Album Anthology, Halloween Sequel and More November 15, 2017
- Black Wail ‘Chromium Homes’ Review December 18, 2017
- Hobosexual ‘Monolith’ Review December 6, 2017
- Book Review: DC Comics’ ‘Color Me Powerful’ and ‘Awesome Activities for Super Heroes’ December 4, 2017
- The SLIS 2017 Holiday Gift Guide: Blu-ray and DVD Box Sets November 24, 2017
- The SLIS 2017 Holiday Gift Guide: Music Box Sets November 21, 2017
- The Veldt ‘Thanks to the Moth and Areanna Rose’ Review November 19, 2017
- SLIS: Those are all some good ones! Trail of Dead were a...
- r: This list is pretty tame if Hootie and the Blowfis...
- SLIS: I'm drawing a blank..but it sounds like Ultraman ...
- James: What hero would do arm motion and say "the end" ...
- SLIS: Jon,I totally agree. I haven't kept up with The...
- Jon Reade: A staggeringly good album, one of their greats. I ...