Peter Hook and The Light Give Details For Live Album Series: Bassist announces tracklists for four concert albums featuring New Order and Joy Division material. Iconic New Order and Joy Division bassist Peter Hook is set to release four-albums of concert recordings on May 5th. The releases (available on CD and for digital download), features Hook and his […]
Concert Review: Bryan Ferry at ACL Live: the suave master of glam and sophisto-pop wows at rare Texas show Opening with the pulsating and sensual 1982 Roxy Music track The Main Thing, Bryan Ferry came out guns blazing for his March 22nd performance at ACL Live. Backed by a 9 piece band and an inescapable […]
The Jesus and Mary Chain ‘Damage and Joy’ Review: the Reid brother’s successfully reconjure their signature sound on long-awaited reunion disc. Tryna win your interest back/But you ain’t having none of that/You’re just like a ship in a bottle/Kiss today but fuck tomorrow/I don’t know, I guess that we’re all through. That’s the opening verse from […]
Depeche Mode ‘Spirit’ Review: electronic music icons get political on bleak new album. We are the bigots, we have not evolved/we have no respect, we have lost control. That’s the opening line to Going Backwards, the brooding first track off Depeche Mode’s 14th studio album Spirit. Even for a band known for moodiness, it’s an especially dour starting […]
Another Million Dollars Gone… New York’s finest on a goddamned coffee break–James Ray’s Gangwar’s ‘Dios Esta De Nuestro Lado’ hits 25 By: Peter Marks We’d been anxiously awaiting this one well before it arrived; preceded by two singles and on the auspicious (later to become odious) Merciful Release label, this was an album which did […]
Hope and Despair: Reexamining U2’s The Joshua Tree and Pop. March marks the 30th anniversary of U2’s ‘The Joshua Tree’ and 20th anniversary of ‘Pop.’ Our own Dave Dierksen delves into both albums political relevancy and respective legacies. By David Dierksen This month, two records by the rock and roll behemoth we call U2 celebrate […]
Tyson Meade Talks 25th Anniversary of Chainsaw Kittens Flipped Out in Singapore: a look back at a cult classic 90s alternative gem (featured image photo credit: Dylan Johnson) Norman Oklahoma’s Chainsaw Kittens were the best kept secret of 90s alternative rock. The group, led by theatrical frontman Tyson Meade, crafted an infectious mix of glam, […]
30 Best Albums Turning 30 in 2017: The Best Albums of 1987–our list of the greatest releases celebrating 30th anniversaries this year. If you had to choose one year in the Reagan era for the best music, you’d be hard pressed to do better than 1987. Something clicked–the mainstream that had been over saturated with […]
Albums Revisited: The Church’s ‘Priest=Aura’ Turns 25: a look back at the group’s underrated masterpiece March 10 marks the 25th anniversary of Priest=Aura, the 8th studio album from Aussie alternative psych-rockers The Church. The released followed on the success of 1988’s Starfish featuring their breakthrough hit Under The Milky Way, and 1990’s Gold Afternoon Fix, […]
WTF Did Nine Inch Nails Just Send Me In The Mail? The Physical Component Revealed The physical component for NIN’s ‘Not The Actual Events’ is a mess. Literally. So what does it mean? Last December I eagerly snapped up the new Nine Inch Nails EP Not The Actual Events. When I purchased it off the […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...