Dean Hurley ‘Anthology Resource Vol. 1: △△’ Review: Sound Designer shares sonic cues from ‘Twin Peaks The Return.’ Twin Peaks The Return fans will have to wait until September for the soundtracks featuring both Angelo Badalamenti’s score and all the acts who appeared in the Road House segments. But for those obsessives wanting even more […]
Watch New Video For Chelsea Wolfe’s ’16 Psyche’: atmospheric vocalists brings doomy bliss for retro music video. Doom/Shoegaze chanteuse Chelsea Wolfe has just premiered the new video for 16 Psyche, the first single off her upcoming album Hiss Sun (due September 22nd via Sargent House), which you can check out via YouTube below. The video […]
World Destruction: 17 ’80s Songs About Nuclear War: with fears of nuclear war back in fashion, let’s look back at some Reagan-era rockers that helped soothe tensions the first time around. The latest news have you a bit on edge? It’s understandable-we have two world leaders acting like toddlers, once again raising the plausible event […]
The Black Watch ‘The Gospel According to John’ Review: one of alt-rocks best kept musical secrets is back, and its time to pay attention. As a music obsessive of the Gen-X persuasion, I pride myself on an extensive knowledge of amazing, under-the-radar alternative and indie bands from my youth. I tend to favor the underrated […]
Melvins Drummer Dale Crover Talks New Solo Album ‘The Fickle Finger of Fate’–influential drummer discusses his first full-length solo album and much more in our exclusive interview. Dale Crover has had one busy year so far, and he isn’t slowing up anytime soon. In addition to The Melvins recent double-album A Walk With Love and Death, […]
Love and Time Lost: A Possible Endgame for Twin Peaks The Return–Damon Shell examines Agent Dale Cooper/Dougie Jones’ ultimate fate in Showtime series. By Damon Shell With only 6 episodes left in Twin Peaks The Return, and dozens of loose ends left to be tied up, there is one major plot thread that has me […]
Dale Crover ‘The Fickle Finger Of Fate’ Review: Melvins drummer offers eclectic affair on début solo album. For his first full-length solo album The Fickle Finger of Fate (due August 4th, via Joyful Noise Recordings) veteran Melvins drummer Dale Crover showcases his musical gifts in both expected and unexpected ways. Click here for my review […]
The Foreign Resort ‘She is Lost’ Review: review of Danish neo-post punkers beguiling new single. Denmark’s The Foreign Resort are a 21st century act with an unashamedly retro sound–drawing inspiration from 80’s New Wave, Goth and Post-punk. And they pull it off with aplomb, as witnessed on their new single She is Lost–a heady mix […]
Richard Lynn and Ingebrigt Haker Flaten Talk Sonic Transmissions 2017: festival heads discuss adventurous music festival’s 2017 lineup. Billing itself as “Austin’s Newest, Most Vital Jazz & Experimental Music Festival”, Austin, Texas’ Sonic Transmissions festival is one of the most unusual fests in the Lone Star State capital, showcasing underground music, often in an improvisational context. The festival, […]
Albums Revisited: 30 Years Later The Lost Boys Soundtrack Is Still A Hot Mess: a look back on a sax fueled soundtrack (and movie) that hasn’t gained vampiric immortality. July 31st marks the 30th anniversary of director Joel Schumacher’s vampire horror comedy The Lost Boys. If you were a teenager growing up during the late 80’s, […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- World Destruction: 17 ’80s Songs About Nuclear War August 10, 2017
- The Church Release New Single ‘Undersea,’ Announce Album Release Date September 8, 2017
- 30 Years Later, The Lost Boys Soundtrack Remains A Hot Mess July 30, 2017
- Richard Lynn and Ingebrigt Haker Flaten Talk Sonic Transmissions 2017 August 1, 2017
- Queens of the Stone Age ‘Villains’ Review August 18, 2017
- Roselit Bone ‘Blister Steel’ Review August 18, 2017
- Concert Review: Depeche Mode at Austin360 Amphitheater September 21, 2017
- Concert Review: The Church at 3Ten ACL Live September 19, 2017
- The Horrors ‘V’ Review September 19, 2017
- Tombstones in Their Eyes ‘Fear’ Review September 18, 2017
- Chelsea Wolfe ‘Hiss Spun’ Review September 16, 2017
- Gary Numan ‘Savage (Songs from a Broken World)’ Review September 11, 2017
- SLIS: They normally skip Texas so I'm super excited!...
- Remixes Prove ‘Vital’ for Billy Idol: […] do is we knew we had certain songs where...
- A Chaos Fairy: Aww...nobody comes to New Mexico. LOL...
- SLIS: Hi Jeremy! Glad you enjoyed. I really think Season...
- Jeremy Juliano: Very interesting piece, I am going to go back and ...
- SLIS: All great picks! Can't believe those slipped my m...