Review: Failure Takes Fans on a Trip to ‘Fantastic Planet’ at Mohawk Austin: space rockers perform iconic 1996 album in its entirety. Failure’s 1996 album Fantastic Planet is an opus that’s grown legendary with time. While overlooked upon its release, its dense, sonic layers and engaging arrangements has cultivated quite the cult following. This has served the L.A. trio […]
The Dean Ween Group ‘The Deaner Album’ Review: Dean Ween stretches his wings in first ...
Moby & The Void Pacific Choir ‘These Systems Are Failing’ Review: techno pioneer revisits the ...
Red Fang ‘Only Ghosts’ Review: West coast metal act rock with refined fury on new ...
Concert Review: Echo and the Bunnymen at Stubb’s, Austin: post-punk icons deliver the goods under ...
Depeche Mode Announce New Album ‘Spirit,’ 2017 Tour: band give details on follow-up to 2013’s Delta Machine. Electronic music pioneers Depeche Mode will release their 14th studio album, entitled Spirit, in spring of 2016. As expected, the group will be touring to support the album, with the first leg taking place in Europe, kicking off […]
‘Thor and Friends’ Review: Swans percussionist Thor Harris offers unique instrumental treats in début album from new musical trio. Thor Harris is best known as the percussionist for dark noise rock icons SWANS, currently riding high off their critically acclaimed 2016 release The Glowing Man. But the ever-busy performer switches gears on his latest project, the self-titled […]
Dean Ween Talks New Solo Release ‘The Deaner Album’: Dean Ween discusses solo debut in our exclusive interview. 2016 has proven a busy year for Dean Ween (Mickey Melchiondo). In addition to participating in the recent Ween reunion tour, he’s also prepping for the release of his first solo effort, The Deaner Album (out October 21st […]
25 Best Albums From 1991: the greatest and most revolutionary records from 25 years ago. Something was in the water in 1991: maybe it was the end of the Cold War, the start and end of the Persian Gulf War, the Rodney King beatings, a rejection of Reaganomics and the moral majority, but kids were ready for […]
Brant Bjork Talks New Solo Album ‘Tao of The Devil’: desert rocker discusses his latest sizzling disc in our exclusive interview. One of the pioneers of desert rock and stoner metal, Brant Bjork has been involved with some of the most preeminent bands of the genre, including Kyuss (the Godfathers of the scene), Fu Manchu, and Vista […]
True Widow ‘Avvolgere’ Review: Texas Stonegazers craft their finest effort to date. Dallas, TX’s True Widow are experts at creating a sound that’s not easy to define…so much so that they came up with their own genre: stonegaze, splitting the difference between stoner rock and shoegaze. And while their new album Avvolgere (out 9/23 via Relapse Records) may […]
Interstelar ‘Resin’ Review: Los Angeles based rockers offer a deep dish of stoner rock goodness. L.A. based act Interstelar have bashed out their own brand of stoner rock since the mid-00’s, gaining some buzz with their 2011 EP On Black Waves. And on their latest album Resin, the group shows a refinement and evolution in sound that […]
Blu-Ray Review: ‘Cat People’ [Criterion Collection]: classic horror film gets a beautiful HD release. One of the most striking cinematic examples of less is more is Jacques Tourneur’s 1942 horror classic Cat People (released on Blu-ray September 20th via Criterion). A film that plays upon the anxieties that pop up in a new romantic relationship, it […]
The Mission ‘Another Fall From Grace’ Review: influential Goth rockers make their finest album since their 80’s heyday. “This album is the lost link between The Sisters Of Mercy’s First And Last And Always and The Mission’s God’s Own Medicine.” That bold statement comes from The Mission’s frontman Wayne Hussey, regarding the band’s new album Another Fall From Grace […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The Mission ‘Another Fall From Grace’ Review September 20, 2016
- Blu-ray review: ‘Manhunter’ (Collector’s Edition) August 13, 2016
- Blu-Ray Review: ‘Cat People’ [Criterion Collection] September 24, 2016
- Interstelar ‘Resin’ Review September 25, 2016
- True Widow ‘Avvolgere’ Review September 29, 2016
- Brant Bjork Talks New Solo Album ‘Tao of The Devil’ September 30, 2016
- The Dean Ween Group ‘The Deaner Album’ Review October 19, 2016
- Moby & The Void Pacific Choir ‘These Systems Are Failing’ Review October 18, 2016
- Red Fang ‘Only Ghosts’ Review October 16, 2016
- Concert Review: Echo and the Bunnymen at Stubb’s, Austin October 14, 2016
- Review: Failure Takes Fans on a Trip to ‘Fantastic Planet’ at Mohawk Austin October 12, 2016
- Depeche Mode Announce New Album ‘Spirit,’ 2017 Tour October 11, 2016
- SLIS: Fear of nuclear war, the AIDS epidemic, reaganomic...
- Steve: "The dark years of the Reagan era" ? Really? L...
- Gabor Fodor: At last the arrangement arrived to the good old da...
- SLIS: Interesting! I'm currently trying to get an inter...
- SLIS: That would be an interesting idea for a list! In f...
- Matheus Rabelo de Carvalho: the best album ever, I'm curious about Phantom pa...