RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome: Adam West’s portrayal of Batman helped shape my childhood. I know I’m not alone. Adam West passed away today at the age of 88. And with that, yet another iconic, indispensable piece of my childhood is gone. West is synonymous, of course, with playing Batman on the camp […]
Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review: power pop legends show no signs of slowing down on 18th ...
Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist: L.A. Guns teleported fans to the late 80’s ...
Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live: reunited group pay tribute to ...
Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review: shoegaze icon’s dynamic and captivating reunion disc is well worth the wait. ...
Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25: FNM bit the hand that feeds on their groundbreaking 1992 release. June 8th, 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Angel Dust, Faith No More’s genre-defying, gauntlet throwing follow-up to 1989’s platinum selling album The Real Thing. Click here for The Real Thing Turns 25 […]
Pure Luck ‘Pure Luck’ Review: alt-rock supergroup takes on deep-fried Southern Rock. “Outlaw country mixed with Southern rock, mixed with toad licking.” That unusual descriptor comes courtesy of Butthole Surfers (and Melvins member) Jeff Pinkus, describing the sound of his Austin, TX based outfit Pure Luck. The band (whose self-titled début is due June 2nd on Heavy Feather […]
Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review: duo’s fifth album shows an expansive and winning evolution in their shimmering, psychedelic sound. The Church’s Steve Kilbey and All India Radio’s Martin Kennedy rejoin forces on Glow and Fade, their fifth studio album under the Kilbey Kennedy moniker (released May 26th on Golden Robot Records). The duo specializes […]
Steve Kilbey discusses Glow and Fade, his latest album with collaborator Martin Kennedy, the upcoming Church album and tour and much more in our exclusive interview. Kilbey Kennedy, the Australian musical duo featuring Steve Kilbey (The Church) and Martin Kennedy (All India Radio) are back with Glow and Fade, their fifth studio album (released May 26th on Golden Robot Records). Click […]
Peter Hook and The Light Live Album Series Review: former New Order and Joy Division bassist revisits his past in blazing concert releases. When Peter Hook left New Order in 2013, it felt like the end of an era: his melodic, unorthodox bass-playing was in many ways their most definitive element–how could the band survive […]
Danzig ‘Black Laden Crown’ Review: Danzig returns with his first album of original material since 2010’s ‘Deth Red Sabaoth.’ Its been awhile since we’ve heard new music from Danzig: while his covers album Skeletons came out in 2015, he hasn’t released any original music since 2010’s Deth Red Sabaoath. But that’s about to change with the […]
20 Best Chris Cornell Deep Cuts and Underrated Songs: remembering the late singer’s rich and varied back catalogue. As we continue to mourn Chris Cornell’s death, it’s easy to dwell on the morbid, but one thing that will alway burn bright and live on is his impressive body of work. And it’s not just […]
In Selfish Mourning of Chris Cornell: Our own David Dierksen mourns a grunge icon. By David Dierksen Chris Cornell is dead, and I’m not sure there’s much I can add to the conversation that hasn’t been said. We’re all confused as to how this could happen, and maybe details will come to light, maybe they […]
For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad: Soundgarden frontman’s death at 52 hits a tragic, yet familiar, nerve. I did not want to wake up hearing that Chris Cornell, one of the best singers of my generation has died. It didn’t seem real at first–but these things never do. It’s become a chilling, […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- For Generation X, Chris Cornell’s Death Is Infuriatingly Sad May 18, 2017
- The Cure’s ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me’ Turns 30: Ranking The Songs May 16, 2017
- Albums Revisited: The Cure’s ‘Wish’ Turns 25 April 19, 2017
- Kilbey Kennedy ‘Glow and Fade’ Review May 31, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return Is a Beautiful Thing April 16, 2017
- Steve Kilbey Talks New Kilbey Kennedy Album Glow and Fade, The Church and More May 31, 2017
- Cheap Trick ‘We’re All Alright’ Review June 20, 2017
- Concert Review: L.A. Guns at Texas Mist June 18, 2017
- Concert Review: The Revolution Celebrates Prince’s Legacy at ACL Live June 18, 2017
- Ride ‘Weather Diaries’ Review June 14, 2017
- RIP Adam West: Thanks For Making My Childhood Awesome June 10, 2017
- Albums Revisited: Faith No More’s ‘Angel Dust’ Turns 25 June 5, 2017
- SLIS: I have to admit I've never heard it! I know the n...
- KJ: Eleanor Rigby by Godhead is one of the greatest co...
- Doug: I'm with you on both of those. Lou Reed gets over...
- SLIS: Agreed Antje! It's magnificent....
- Antje Babatz: Take any album I ever owned away from me please - ...
- SLIS: Thanks Eytan! Glad you enjoyed--and that things tu...