Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Blind Worms, Pious Swine’ Review: the third (in a series of 12!) solo releases from the ever prolific At The Drive-In, Mars Volta multi-instrumentalist. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Blind Worms, Pious Swine’ marks his third release of 2016, unloading a catalogue of previously unreleased solo material (twelve releases in total). Whereas the first entry ‘Sworn […]
11 Soundtracks Fans of the ‘Stranger Things’ Score Should Hear: Love the soundtrack to Netflix’s ...
Watch Music Video For New Placebo Song ‘Jesus’ Son’: video for new track off forthcoming ...
Faith No More ‘We Care A Lot’ (Deluxe Band Edition) Review: FNM’s long out-of-print début ...
Billy Corgan Reconciles With D’arcy Wretzky, Fuels Reunion Hopes: Smashing Pumpkins frontman discusses opening line ...
Blu-ray review: ‘Manhunter’ (Collector’s Edition)-Shout! Factory Note: this originally appeared in my Austin Horror Examiner column on May 22, 2016. Given that site is now defunct and Manhunter celebrates its 30th anniversary on August 14th, this deserves a repost! While ‘Silence of The Lambs’ made Hannibal Lecter famous, it wasn’t the first film to feature the […]
Albums Revisited: Mr. Bungle’s Self-Titled Debut Turns 25: looking back at one of the strangest albums of a very strange decade on its 25th anniversary. Mr. Bungle changed my life. Mr. Bungle helped me meet my wife. Seriously. Upon meeting her through a friend of a friend, I began my best attempts at making conversation (not […]
Albums Revisited: Failure’s ‘Fantastic Planet’ Turns 20: celebrating one of the most underrated alternative albums of the 90s. August 13, 2016 marks the 20th anniversary of Fantastic Planet, the 1996 album from L.A. space rock gods Failure. And if ever there was an album deserving of a tribute and reappraisal, this is it. In an decade full […]
Spain ‘Carolina’ Review: slowcore pioneers return with the lovely, haunting ‘Carolina.’ Slowcore legends Spain return with ‘Carolina‘ (Glitterhouse Records), their first release since 2014’s Sargent Place. And it’s yet another solidly beautiful piece of melancholic rock in their discography. Josh Haden’s haunting vocals linger through each track like an old ghost on hushed confessionals like […]
Slowdive Finish Recording First New Album in 20 Years: band wrap up production on first release since 1995. Reunited shoegaze legends Slowdive have finally put the finishing touches on their upcoming studio album. The as-yet-untitled release will be the group’s since their 1995 swan song Pygmalion. Drummer Simon Scott made the announcement in Danish magazine […]
Blu-ray Review: ‘Invasion of the Body Snatchers’ [Collector’s Edition]: Shout! Factory (aka Scream Factory) knocks it out of the park once again with this excellent presentation of the 1978 sci-fi/horror classic. The Film: Jack Finney’s classic sci-fi horror novel The Body Snatchers has been adapted for film four times over the years, although it’s generally 1956’s […]
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Corazones’ Review: musician mourns his mother’s passing in second of solo efforts. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez recent announcement of 12 solo albums for 2016 certainly raised eyebrows. Given his adventurous pedigree, we knew we were in for an unpredictable ride in terms of volume and range of material. And with Corazones (due out on Ipecac July 29th) […]
Curve’s Dean Garcia Talks S T F U Album ‘What We Want’: alt-rock pioneer discusses new project with Bloody Knives’ Preston Maddox in our exclusive interview. One of the most welcome musical surprises of 2016, What We Want is the stellar début album from S T F U, featuring vocalist Preston Maddox (Bloody Knives) and […]
Albums Revisited: Daniel Ash’s ‘Coming Down’ at 25: A look back at the 1991 solo album from musician of Love and Rockets/Bauhaus/Tones On Tail fame. By Peter Marks So “This Love” has been in regular rotation at one of the local clubs and everyone around me is loving it as they assume it’s a new […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Albums Revisited: Mr. Bungle’s Self-Titled Debut Turns 25 August 9, 2016
- Curve’s Dean Garcia Talks S T F U Album ‘What We Want’ July 31, 2016
- MGT ‘Volumes’ Review June 22, 2016
- Slowdive Finish Recording First New Album in 20 Years August 8, 2016
- Blu-ray Review: ‘Invasion of the Body Snatchers’ [Collector’s Edition] August 5, 2016
- Spain ‘Carolina’ Review August 8, 2016
- 11 Soundtracks Fans of the ‘Stranger Things’ Score Should Hear August 22, 2016
- Watch Music Video For New Placebo Song ‘Jesus’ Son’ August 19, 2016
- Faith No More ‘We Care A Lot’ (Deluxe Band Edition) Review August 17, 2016
- Billy Corgan Reconciles With D’arcy Wretzky, Fuels Reunion Hopes August 16, 2016
- Omar Rodriguez-Lopez ‘Blind Worms, Pious Swine’ Review August 13, 2016
- Blu-ray review: ‘Manhunter’ (Collector’s Edition) August 13, 2016
- WarrenL: That would have been a little surreal. You could s...
- PCSmith: I'm in NYC on business, and visited a museum in l...
- Sometimes: Close my eyes, feel me now....
- mary: Funny, just watching horrible news of the world an...
- Jess: Its been 8 months and i still feel so heart broken...
- Louis G: the ramifications of Bowie's passing will never b...